Edgefield County Recreation Park Rental Agreement
70 Nicholson Road, Trenton, SC 29847
Policy Purpose Statement:
Edgefield County facilities are primarily used for official Edgefield County purposes and such purposes shall take precedent for facility use. The Sweetwater Community Center will be available to rent for public purposes according to the rules and regulations contained herein.
Public use of the above-mentioned facilities is subject to the following regulations:
- Edgefield County has the right to refuse use of facilities to any group if the proposed event conflicts with official use of the building, is incompatible with the facilities’ intended purpose, conflicts with established policies, regulations, or laws, or is against any other confirmed reservation.
- Admission fees, collections, or donations may not be collected by users of County owned property except that non-profit corporations and tax-exempt entities authorized to do business in South Carolina, civic organizations, and persons who have been severely injured or are seriously ill may conduct fundraisers with the prior approval of the Edgefield County Clerk to Council or Administrator.
- The park is to be left in the condition and arrangement in which it is found, or future use will be denied. This includes the removal of all the trash generated by your event including decorations. This must be removed from the premises immediately following your event.
- The scheduling of facilities must be conducted according to this policy including the timely submission of reservation applications. The Edgefield County Clerk to Council shall be the coordinator and arbiter of issues related to the use of public facilities.
- Groups shall comply with all applicable laws of the United States and the State of South Carolina and with all Edgefield County ordinances, rules, policies, and regulations. All persons in and on the property shall comply with official signs of a prohibitory or directory nature, and with the directions of Edgefield County authorized employees or officials. Edgefield County has the right to have persons violating any provisions removed from the premises and to fully prosecute all violators of the law.
- At the recommendation of the Edgefield County Clerk to Council, and the discretion and direction of the Edgefield County Administrator, groups using public facilities may be required to provide for security personnel staffing for events. Any costs associated for the provision of security, when deemed necessary by the Clerk, shall be borne by the user group.
- Single events as well as a series of ongoing events may only be booked three (3) months in advance of the current date. The frequency with which one group may utilize the building is at the discretion of Edgefield County.
- Use of publicly owned property does not imply endorsement by Edgefield County Government staff, officials or by Edgefield County Council members.
- Edgefield County retains the right to amend the requirements and regulations for use of these facilities at any time.
- Groups are not allowed to assign their reserved time at a facility to another party unless given written permission by the Edgefield County Clerk to Council.
- Rental fees may not be returned if the reservation is cancelled less than 120 hours (5 days) prior to the time of the scheduled use of the facility.
- NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ARE ALLOWED. (Section 16-23-420, SC State Law)
- No person will have firearms, air guns, explosives, or unauthorized fireworks.
- No alcoholic beverages, no profanity and no loud music are allowed on the property.
- Vehicles are not allowed on lawns, planted areas, sidewalks, or walkways of Edgefield County property. Only use designated paved parking spots.
- Dogs, cats, and other animals are not allowed inside Edgefield County facilities except for authorized service animals.
- No recreational equipment is allowed on the premises. (No blow up/bounce houses. No Waterslides.)
- Proper attire of shirts and shoes are required during use of all Edgefield County facilities.
- The person or organization renting the facility and all guests must be out of the facility by the end of the reserved time. The rental times should include all setup and clean up for the event.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Edgefield County facilities.
- Please do not hit balls into the fences at the park.
- Edgefield County is not responsible for any items left at the facility after the rental period.
- If an emergency happens, immediately dial 911, contact appropriate emergency services, evacuate the facility if appropriate, and notify Edgefield County Clerk to Council as soon as possible.
- The person signing the Application for use and the organization by which the Edgefield County facilities will be used must indemnify and hold harmless Edgefield County and its employees and officials for and from any liabilities, damages, claims or actions of any kind arising in any way from the use of Edgefield County facilities and also release Edgefield County and its employees and officials from any liability, damages, claims or actions of any kind arising from the use of Edgefield County facilities. That person and the organization are also responsible for paying Edgefield County for any damages to Edgefield County facilities.
- By signing and submitting the Application, the person signing the Application and the organization using the Edgefield County facilities thereby agree to all the above regulations.
*This park is under the Jurisdiction of the Edgefield County Sheriff’s Department*
If the premises or any portion of the facility during the term of the rental shall be damaged by act, default, or negligence of the organization or person renting the facilities or its/his/her agents, employees, guests or any other person admitted to the premises by them, the organization or persons renting the facility shall pay Edgefield County such sum as shall be necessary to restore the said premises to its prior condition.