Edgefield County is a Council-Administrator form of government, whereas the County Administrator is appointed by County Council to assure administrative responsibility for county government. The County Administrator is responsible for carrying out the policies and ordinances of the County Council, for overseeing day to day operations of the county, and for appointing all non-elected county department heads.
The County Administrator:
- Serves as chief administrative officer of the county
- Executes the policies, directives and legislative actions of the council
- Directs and coordinates operations of the county
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for the council, and requires such reports, estimates and statistics as necessary from county departments and agencies
- Supervises the expenditure of appropriated funds
- Prepares financial and administrative reports for the council
- Administers county personnel policies, including salary and classification plans approved by council
- Employs county personnel, subject to council appropriation of funds for that purpose
- Performs other duties as required by the council
- Responds to requests for information and/or assistance from individuals, business and private organizations, other governments and community groups
- Works with elected officials (local, state and national) to ensure that all county departments operate in the most efficient and effective way to provide services and accountability to the County´s taxpayers (residents)
The County Administrator does not:
- Have authority over any elected county official or offices created by the State Constitution or state laws, with the exception of applying general organizational policies adopted by County Council
Edgefield County In The News
Edgefield County has a new, innovative tool for economic development. County Council has approved an ordinance establishing incentives for businesses that locate within certain areas around the three Towns in the County. Incentive zones were established adjacent to...
Edgefield County EMS is looking for employees. For more information please see their employment flyer.
There are no public hearings scheduled at this time.