Edgefield County is a Council-Administrator form of government, whereas the County Administrator is appointed by County Council to assure administrative responsibility for county government. The County Administrator is responsible for carrying out the policies and ordinances of the County Council, for overseeing day to day operations of the county, and for appointing all non-elected county department heads.
The County Administrator:
- Serves as chief administrative officer of the county
- Executes the policies, directives and legislative actions of the council
- Directs and coordinates operations of the county
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for the council, and requires such reports, estimates and statistics as necessary from county departments and agencies
- Supervises the expenditure of appropriated funds
- Prepares financial and administrative reports for the council
- Administers county personnel policies, including salary and classification plans approved by council
- Employs county personnel, subject to council appropriation of funds for that purpose
- Performs other duties as required by the council
- Responds to requests for information and/or assistance from individuals, business and private organizations, other governments and community groups
- Works with elected officials (local, state and national) to ensure that all county departments operate in the most efficient and effective way to provide services and accountability to the County´s taxpayers (residents)
The County Administrator does not:
- Have authority over any elected county official or offices created by the State Constitution or state laws, with the exception of applying general organizational policies adopted by County Council
Edgefield County In The News
County Council will unveil the new Linda and Johnny Anderson Airfield at the Edgefield County Airport in Trenton, SC, at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 10, 2022. All those who would like to attend are invited.
Edgefield County honors Linda and Johnny Anderson for their dedication and commitment to the Edgefield County airport by passing a resolution renaming the airfield in their honor. With a unanimous vote, the County Council passed the resolution renaming the airfield...
HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION Please be advised that the sign up for Homestead Exemption is now open through December 31,2022. The exemption is granted to persons who are at least 65 years of age as of December 31, 2021, blind or 100 percent totally or permanently disabled as...
The Edgefield County Planning Commission has turned over recommendations for potential changes to the land development regulation to County Council. Council will now review the potential changes, listed below you will find the materials being looked at. If you have...