Edgefield County is a Council-Administrator form of government, whereas the County Administrator is appointed by County Council to assure administrative responsibility for county government. The County Administrator is responsible for carrying out the policies and ordinances of the County Council, for overseeing day to day operations of the county, and for appointing all non-elected county department heads.
The County Administrator:
- Serves as chief administrative officer of the county
- Executes the policies, directives and legislative actions of the council
- Directs and coordinates operations of the county
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for the council, and requires such reports, estimates and statistics as necessary from county departments and agencies
- Supervises the expenditure of appropriated funds
- Prepares financial and administrative reports for the council
- Administers county personnel policies, including salary and classification plans approved by council
- Employs county personnel, subject to council appropriation of funds for that purpose
- Performs other duties as required by the council
- Responds to requests for information and/or assistance from individuals, business and private organizations, other governments and community groups
- Works with elected officials (local, state and national) to ensure that all county departments operate in the most efficient and effective way to provide services and accountability to the County´s taxpayers (residents)
The County Administrator does not:
- Have authority over any elected county official or offices created by the State Constitution or state laws, with the exception of applying general organizational policies adopted by County Council
Edgefield County In The News
The 3rd reading of the Proposed Changes of the Comprehensive Plan was read on June 1, 2021 at the regular scheduled meeting. County Council did not vote concerning this reading. The 3rd reading was tabled until our July 6, 2021 regular scheduled meeting, to give our...
As part of the LMO process Edgefield county is doing a series of small group meetings by County Council District. During these meetings questions and comments are being collected on a flip chart. Posted below are pictures of those flip charts so that other citizens...
The following links are to comments regarding the Draft LMO and Draft LMO Zoning map that were submitted to the Edgefield County Planner, Edgefield County Website, and the Interactive LMO map as of February 23, 2021. This is including comments that were submitted for...
The link below is to the presentation given by John Ford, the primary consultant on the Edgefield County LMO, at the Planning Commission meeting on February 11, 2021....
Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County For Immediate Release February 10, 2021 Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County Company’s investment will create 450 new jobs COLUMBIA, S.C. – Generac Power...
The following link is an FAQ regarding the Land Management Ordinance (LMO). If you have any questions regarding the LMO please contact the County Planner Kevin Singletary email@example.com LMO FAQ The LMO draft text and draft zoning map are available...
Edgefield County needs citizens, property owners, business owners, organizations, and other stakeholders with an interest in the growth and development of Edgefield County and the Land Management Ordinance (LMO) update process to provide input on the current LMO draft...