Edgefield County is a Council-Administrator form of government, whereas the County Administrator is appointed by County Council to assure administrative responsibility for county government. The County Administrator is responsible for carrying out the policies and ordinances of the County Council, for overseeing day to day operations of the county, and for appointing all non-elected county department heads.
The County Administrator:
- Serves as chief administrative officer of the county
- Executes the policies, directives and legislative actions of the council
- Directs and coordinates operations of the county
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for the council, and requires such reports, estimates and statistics as necessary from county departments and agencies
- Supervises the expenditure of appropriated funds
- Prepares financial and administrative reports for the council
- Administers county personnel policies, including salary and classification plans approved by council
- Employs county personnel, subject to council appropriation of funds for that purpose
- Performs other duties as required by the council
- Responds to requests for information and/or assistance from individuals, business and private organizations, other governments and community groups
- Works with elected officials (local, state and national) to ensure that all county departments operate in the most efficient and effective way to provide services and accountability to the County´s taxpayers (residents)
The County Administrator does not:
- Have authority over any elected county official or offices created by the State Constitution or state laws, with the exception of applying general organizational policies adopted by County Council
Edgefield County In The News
The Edgefield County Planning Commission has turned over recommendations for potential changes to the land development regulation to County Council. Council will now review the potential changes, listed below you will find the materials being looked at. If you have...
There will be a Public Meeting on November 18, 2021 at 6 pm at W.E. Parker Elementary School which is located at 41 Crest Rd. Edgefield, SC 29824 . This meeting is to receive comments from the public concerning changes to the zoning regulations in chapters 8, 24, 30...
The joint County Council/Planning Commission meeting will be held Tuesday November 9, 2021 at 6 pm in the Council Chambers to discuss changes to the zoning regulations and zoning maps recommended by the Planning...
The November meeting of the Edgefield County Planning Commission will be held on November 4th, 2021, due to the regularly scheduled meeting date being on a holiday. The meeting will be held at the Edgefield County Council Chambers at 225 Jeter St., Edgefield SC,...
Please see the audio recordings below for the September 7th, 2021 meeting of the Edgefield County Council. Executive session announcement 4:30 PM Regular Meeting 6:00...
BIRMINGHAM, AL (August 25, 2021) – Edgefield County, South Carolina, is partnering with Retail Strategies to develop and execute a retail economic development strategy to draw attention to the County’s Special Incentive Zones.By hiring a firm with business-savvy...