Edgefield County is a Council-Administrator form of government, whereas the County Administrator is appointed by County Council to assure administrative responsibility for county government. The County Administrator is responsible for carrying out the policies and ordinances of the County Council, for overseeing day to day operations of the county, and for appointing all non-elected county department heads.
The County Administrator:
- Serves as chief administrative officer of the county
- Executes the policies, directives and legislative actions of the council
- Directs and coordinates operations of the county
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for the council, and requires such reports, estimates and statistics as necessary from county departments and agencies
- Supervises the expenditure of appropriated funds
- Prepares financial and administrative reports for the council
- Administers county personnel policies, including salary and classification plans approved by council
- Employs county personnel, subject to council appropriation of funds for that purpose
- Performs other duties as required by the council
- Responds to requests for information and/or assistance from individuals, business and private organizations, other governments and community groups
- Works with elected officials (local, state and national) to ensure that all county departments operate in the most efficient and effective way to provide services and accountability to the County´s taxpayers (residents)
The County Administrator does not:
- Have authority over any elected county official or offices created by the State Constitution or state laws, with the exception of applying general organizational policies adopted by County Council
Edgefield County In The News
Please see the audio recordings below for the September 7th, 2021 meeting of the Edgefield County Council. Executive session announcement 4:30 PM Regular Meeting 6:00...
BIRMINGHAM, AL (August 25, 2021) – Edgefield County, South Carolina, is partnering with Retail Strategies to develop and execute a retail economic development strategy to draw attention to the County’s Special Incentive Zones.By hiring a firm with business-savvy...
THE EDGEFIELD COUNTY VOTER REGISTRATION & ELECTIONS OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED SEPTEMBER 20-22, 2021 FOR STAFF TRAINING.
The office will open: Thursday, September 23, 2021 If you need assistance please contact...
The Edgefield County Planning Commission is in the process of drafting changes to the land development regulations to match our comprehensive plan better. The Planning Commission will be meeting on Tuesdays at 5:00 PM at the Edgefield County Council chambers to...
The 3rd reading of the Proposed Changes of the Comprehensive Plan was read on June 1, 2021 at the regular scheduled meeting. County Council did not vote concerning this reading. The 3rd reading was tabled until our July 6, 2021 regular scheduled meeting, to give our...
Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County For Immediate Release February 10, 2021 Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County Company’s investment will create 450 new jobs COLUMBIA, S.C. – Generac Power...