Edgefield County is a Council-Administrator form of government, whereas the County Administrator is appointed by County Council to assure administrative responsibility for county government. The County Administrator is responsible for carrying out the policies and ordinances of the County Council, for overseeing day to day operations of the county, and for appointing all non-elected county department heads.
The County Administrator:
- Serves as chief administrative officer of the county
- Executes the policies, directives and legislative actions of the council
- Directs and coordinates operations of the county
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for the council, and requires such reports, estimates and statistics as necessary from county departments and agencies
- Supervises the expenditure of appropriated funds
- Prepares financial and administrative reports for the council
- Administers county personnel policies, including salary and classification plans approved by council
- Employs county personnel, subject to council appropriation of funds for that purpose
- Performs other duties as required by the council
- Responds to requests for information and/or assistance from individuals, business and private organizations, other governments and community groups
- Works with elected officials (local, state and national) to ensure that all county departments operate in the most efficient and effective way to provide services and accountability to the County´s taxpayers (residents)
The County Administrator does not:
- Have authority over any elected county official or offices created by the State Constitution or state laws, with the exception of applying general organizational policies adopted by County Council
Edgefield County In The News
THE edgefield county council meeting rescheduled
The Edgefield County Council Monthly Meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 4, 2023, has been moved to Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 6:00pm. It will be held at the County Council Chambers, 225 Jeter St, Edgefield, SC 29824. Questions can be directed to Edgefield...
Get Connected SC Survey
A statewide internet access survey is attached for distribution and sharing. This survey will help the state develop a plan to draw down federal funds for broadband expansion. The state would like to receive at least 2,500 surveys from each region. ...
Community Health Assessment survey
Cornerstone Meeting Schedule
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, a notice of the Cornerstone FY23 Board of Directors Meeting schedule is as follows: To request an agenda please contact Laurie Fallaw @ 864-227-1001. Click Here
Address Changes due to 911 upgrades
Over 25 years ago, Edgefield County adopted E-911 to enhance the capability of emergency responders to quickly locate emergencies. As part of this adoption process, the county had to readdress properties. Over the last few years, advances in technology have led to...
Edgefield County Land Development Changes
Update! Municode has updated many of the ordinances. I have noticed some discrepancies and am working on getting those corrected. For now, it looks as if everything is up to date except the USE table. Please continue to use the USE table from the updated list below....
Connect With Us
Edgefield County, 124 Courthouse Square, Edgefield, SC 29824
Phone: (803) 637-4000, Fax: (803) 637-4056.
SC.gov Home | SC.gov Policies | Help Center | Contact SC.gov