Welcome to the Edgefield County Assessor’s Office. We hope that you will find the information on our site to be useful in understanding what the Assessor’s Office does. Staff consisting of experienced licensed appraisers; a GIS mapper and tax clerks are available to answer your questions. Our office strives to follow the duties and laws mandated by the State of South Carolina (SC Code Section 12-37-90). We look forward to serving your needs.
What This Office Does:
- Appraise real property and manufactured (mobile) homes for tax purposes
- Measure and appraise new construction for tax purposes
- Conduct county wide reassessment every 5 years as required by the SC Department of Revenue
- Accept and process appeals of values
- Represents the County in real property & mobile home value appeals to the Board of Assessment Appeals
- Transfers ownership of real property via recorded deeds
- Process 4% legal residence and agriculture applications
- Maintain and process multiple lot discount applications
- Change mailing addresses for real property & mobile home owners as requested
- Accept New Construction exemption, ATI exemption, Military LR exemption, HOA property exemption forms
- Provide actual & potential or estimated rollback tax information
- Process fire reports
- Process mobile home affidavits
- Issues new decals for mobile home registrations
- Issues moving permits for mobile homes
- GIS Mapping (Access thru the GIS/Special Projects Office)
This Office Does Not:
- Give legal advice
- Research real property for legal claims
- Have tax or other information on Vehicles, Boats, Motors, or other personal property (Auditor’s Office)
- Grant Homestead Exemptions for real property (Auditor’s Office)
- Accept payments for County property taxes and personal property taxes (Treasurer’s Office)
- Give information on delinquent taxes (Tax Collector’s Office)
- Grant Veterans Exemptions for real property (Department of Revenue in Columbia, SC)
- Assess manufacturing or utility properties (D.O.R.)
- Record deeds (Clerk of Court)
For Both Electronic and Mailed Applications:
Be sure to include all attachments and signatures. Forms that do not meet the requirements will not be processed.
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020.
An appraiser will come out to your house to make an inspection of your property. He or she will be riding in a vehicle that will have the Edgefield County emblem. The appraiser will be wearing an identification badge with his or her picture and name preprinted on the badge. The appraiser will proceed to inspect the property to insure the county records are correct and may need to walk around the house to make sure that all improvements have been identified. The appraiser also notes whether the structure has a deck, garage, swimming pool or other amenities. If any additions or improvements have been made to the property the appraiser will have to measure.
We appreciate your cooperation and want to make this process as smooth as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at: 803-637-4066.
Edgefield County Assessor’s Office
Edgefield County In The News
The Voter Registration and Elections Office is still open for candidate filing. They are not open to the General Public but can allow you inside if you need to file! If you have further questions please call them at...
ARTS 2050:The current public health environment has limited opportunities for face-to-face meetings promoting public input to the 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan update. They had scheduled several public engagement events during March 2020 which have now been...
Edgefield County is continuously monitoring the very fluid Covid-19 situation. As we move through this unprecedented National emergency please keep in mind that the County will stay open to the public. We are however restricting access to county buildings and...
Any candidate seeking a political party’s nomination for any office in the 2020 General Election must file with the appropriate county board of voter registration & elections or the South Carolina Election Commission during the upcoming filing period. Filing opens...
Click here to view the PowerPoint Presentation
The SC Election Commission is partnering with the SCDMV on their tour of the states! #NoExcusesSC. You will be able to Register to Vote and Demo the new paper-based voting...
There is one public hearing scheduled in conjunction with the regularly scheduled County Council Meeting to be held at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 in the County Council Chambers located at 225 Jeter Street, Edgefield. Ordinance Number 19-20-767 - An Ordinance to...
Purpose of the Land Management Ordinance Why is Edgefield County updating the Land Management Ordinance? Edgefield County Council determined that there is a need to update the current ordinances of the County regarding development, to provide better management of the...
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020. An appraiser will come out to your...