Welcome to the Edgefield County Assessor’s Office. We hope that you will find the information on our site to be useful in understanding what the Assessor’s Office does. Staff consisting of experienced licensed appraisers; a GIS mapper and tax clerks are available to answer your questions. Our office strives to follow the duties and laws mandated by the State of South Carolina (SC Code Section 12-37-90). We look forward to serving your needs.
What This Office Does:
- Appraise real property and manufactured (mobile) homes for tax purposes
- Measure and appraise new construction for tax purposes
- Conduct county wide reassessment every 5 years as required by the SC Department of Revenue
- Accept and process appeals of values
- Represents the County in real property & mobile home value appeals to the Board of Assessment Appeals
- Transfers ownership of real property via recorded deeds
- Process 4% legal residence and agriculture applications
- Maintain and process multiple lot discount applications
- Change mailing addresses for real property & mobile home owners as requested
- Accept New Construction exemption, ATI exemption, Military LR exemption, HOA property exemption forms
- Provide actual & potential or estimated rollback tax information
- Process fire reports
- Process mobile home affidavits
- Issues new decals for mobile home registrations
- Issues moving permits for mobile homes
- GIS Mapping (Access thru the GIS/Special Projects Office)
This Office Does Not:
- Give legal advice
- Research real property for legal claims
- Have tax or other information on Vehicles, Boats, Motors, or other personal property (Auditor’s Office)
- Grant Homestead Exemptions for real property (Auditor’s Office)
- Accept payments for County property taxes and personal property taxes (Treasurer’s Office)
- Give information on delinquent taxes (Tax Collector’s Office)
- Grant Veterans Exemptions for real property (Department of Revenue in Columbia, SC)
- Assess manufacturing or utility properties (D.O.R.)
- Record deeds (Clerk of Court)
Download Applications to Mail in Here:
3. Appeal Form
Mail Applications to:
206 Penn Street Suite 1, Edgefield SC 29824
For Both Electronic and Mailed Applications:
Be sure to include all attachments and signatures. Forms that do not meet the requirements will not be processed.
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020.
An appraiser will come out to your house to make an inspection of your property. He or she will be riding in a vehicle that will have the Edgefield County emblem. The appraiser will be wearing an identification badge with his or her picture and name preprinted on the badge. The appraiser will proceed to inspect the property to insure the county records are correct and may need to walk around the house to make sure that all improvements have been identified. The appraiser also notes whether the structure has a deck, garage, swimming pool or other amenities. If any additions or improvements have been made to the property the appraiser will have to measure.
We appreciate your cooperation and want to make this process as smooth as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at: 803-637-4066.
Edgefield County Assessor’s Office
Edgefield County In The News
Edgefield County Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 6:00pm
The Edgefield County Planning Commission Meeting originally scheduled for Thursday April 8, 2021 has been rescheduled for Wednesday April 14, 2021. The work session is scheduled for 5pm and the meeting for 6pm. If you have any questions you may contact the Building &...
This post has been edited due to the rescheduling of the meeting. The meeting originally scheduled for April 8, 2021 has been rescheduled for Wednesday April 14, 2021. The following public hearings will take place at The Edgefield County Planning Commission meeting on...
The following links are to comments regarding the Draft LMO and Draft LMO Zoning map that were submitted to the Edgefield County Planner, Edgefield County Website, and the Interactive LMO map as of February 23, 2021. This is including comments that were submitted for...
From: Edgefield County Council Date: February 17, 2021 On Thursday February 11, 2021 the Edgefield County Planning Commission held a Public Hearing on the current Land Management Ordinance (LMO) Draft, which was recommended by the LMO Steering Committee last...
The link below is to the presentation given by John Ford, the primary consultant on the Edgefield County LMO, at the Planning Commission meeting on February 11, 2021....
Our first COVID-19 vaccination clinic will be February 17 from 9-2 at JET Middle School gym for Phase 1A & 65+ year olds. It will be a first come first serve clinic. There will be 250 vaccines available that day. We realize that is not a large number. We are planning...
Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County For Immediate Release February 10, 2021 Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County Company’s investment will create 450 new jobs COLUMBIA, S.C. – Generac Power...
The following link is an FAQ regarding the Land Management Ordinance (LMO). If you have any questions regarding the LMO please contact the County Planner Kevin Singletary email@example.com LMO FAQ The LMO draft text and draft zoning map are available...
Edgefield County needs citizens, property owners, business owners, organizations, and other stakeholders with an interest in the growth and development of Edgefield County and the Land Management Ordinance (LMO) update process to provide input on the current LMO draft...