Welcome to the Edgefield County Assessor’s Office. We hope that you will find the information on our site to be useful in understanding what the Assessor’s Office does. Staff consisting of experienced licensed appraisers; a GIS mapper and tax clerks are available to answer your questions. Our office strives to follow the duties and laws mandated by the State of South Carolina (SC Code Section 12-37-90). We look forward to serving your needs.
What This Office Does:
- Appraise real property and manufactured (mobile) homes for tax purposes
- Measure and appraise new construction for tax purposes
- Conduct county wide reassessment every 5 years as required by the SC Department of Revenue
- Accept and process appeals of values
- Represents the County in real property & mobile home value appeals to the Board of Assessment Appeals
- Transfers ownership of real property via recorded deeds
- Process 4% legal residence and agriculture applications
- Maintain and process multiple lot discount applications
- Change mailing addresses for real property & mobile home owners as requested
- Accept New Construction exemption, ATI exemption, Military LR exemption, HOA property exemption forms
- Provide actual & potential or estimated rollback tax information
- Process fire reports
- Process mobile home affidavits
- Issues new decals for mobile home registrations
- Issues moving permits for mobile homes
- GIS Mapping (Access thru the GIS/Special Projects Office)
This Office Does Not:
- Give legal advice
- Research real property for legal claims
- Have tax or other information on Vehicles, Boats, Motors, or other personal property (Auditor’s Office)
- Grant Homestead Exemptions for real property (Auditor’s Office)
- Accept payments for County property taxes and personal property taxes (Treasurer’s Office)
- Give information on delinquent taxes (Tax Collector’s Office)
- Grant Veterans Exemptions for real property (Department of Revenue in Columbia, SC)
- Assess manufacturing or utility properties (D.O.R.)
- Record deeds (Clerk of Court)
Download Applications to Mail in Here:
3. Appeal Form
Mail Applications to:
206 Penn Street Suite 1, Edgefield SC 29824
For Both Electronic and Mailed Applications:
Be sure to include all attachments and signatures. Forms that do not meet the requirements will not be processed.
Edgefield County In The News
The Edgefield County Planning Commission has turned over recommendations for potential changes to the land development regulation to County Council. Council will now review the potential changes, listed below you will find the materials being looked at. If you have...
There will be a Public Meeting on November 18, 2021 at 6 pm at W.E. Parker Elementary School which is located at 41 Crest Rd. Edgefield, SC 29824 . This meeting is to receive comments from the public concerning changes to the zoning regulations in chapters 8, 24, 30...
The joint County Council/Planning Commission meeting will be held Tuesday November 9, 2021 at 6 pm in the Council Chambers to discuss changes to the zoning regulations and zoning maps recommended by the Planning...
The November meeting of the Edgefield County Planning Commission will be held on November 4th, 2021, due to the regularly scheduled meeting date being on a holiday. The meeting will be held at the Edgefield County Council Chambers at 225 Jeter St., Edgefield SC,...
Please see the audio recordings below for the September 7th, 2021 meeting of the Edgefield County Council. Executive session announcement 4:30 PM Regular Meeting 6:00...
BIRMINGHAM, AL (August 25, 2021) – Edgefield County, South Carolina, is partnering with Retail Strategies to develop and execute a retail economic development strategy to draw attention to the County’s Special Incentive Zones.By hiring a firm with business-savvy...