Welcome to the Edgefield County Assessor’s Office. We hope that you will find the information on our site to be useful in understanding what the Assessor’s Office does. Staff consisting of experienced licensed appraisers; a GIS mapper and tax clerks are available to answer your questions. Our office strives to follow the duties and laws mandated by the State of South Carolina (SC Code Section 12-37-90). We look forward to serving your needs.
What This Office Does:
- Appraise real property and manufactured (mobile) homes for tax purposes
- Measure and appraise new construction for tax purposes
- Conduct county wide reassessment every 5 years as required by the SC Department of Revenue
- Accept and process appeals of values
- Represents the County in real property & mobile home value appeals to the Board of Assessment Appeals
- Transfers ownership of real property via recorded deeds
- Process 4% legal residence and agriculture applications
- Maintain and process multiple lot discount applications
- Change mailing addresses for real property & mobile home owners as requested
- Accept New Construction exemption, ATI exemption, Military LR exemption, HOA property exemption forms
- Provide actual & potential or estimated rollback tax information
- Process fire reports
- Process mobile home affidavits
- Issues new decals for mobile home registrations
- Issues moving permits for mobile homes
- GIS Mapping (Access thru the GIS/Special Projects Office)
This Office Does Not:
- Give legal advice
- Research real property for legal claims
- Have tax or other information on Vehicles, Boats, Motors, or other personal property (Auditor’s Office)
- Grant Homestead Exemptions for real property (Auditor’s Office)
- Accept payments for County property taxes and personal property taxes (Treasurer’s Office)
- Give information on delinquent taxes (Tax Collector’s Office)
- Grant Veterans Exemptions for real property (Department of Revenue in Columbia, SC)
- Assess manufacturing or utility properties (D.O.R.)
- Record deeds (Clerk of Court)
Download Applications to Mail in Here:
3. Appeal Form
Mail Applications to:
206 Penn Street Suite 1, Edgefield SC 29824
For Both Electronic and Mailed Applications:
Be sure to include all attachments and signatures. Forms that do not meet the requirements will not be processed.
Edgefield County In The News
Edgefield County Council has been looking at updating the Animal Control ordinances of the County in anticipation of the completion of a new Animal Care and Control facility to be located off Rabit Trail. This will be the first facility of its type in Edgefield County...
The fees for the Sweetwater Community center and Bettis Park have been increased. This increase will take effect on January 1, 2023. Sweetwater CenterCurrent RatesNew RatesPackage A (4 hours)75150Package B (8 hours)150300Package C (12 hours)225450Package D (2...
Over 25 years ago, Edgefield County adopted E-911 to enhance the capability of emergency responders to quickly locate emergencies. As part of this adoption process, the county had to readdress properties. Over the last few years, advances in technology have led to...
Update! Municode has updated many of the ordinances. I have noticed some discrepancies and am working on getting those corrected. For now, it looks as if everything is up to date except the USE table. Please continue to use the USE table from the updated list below....