Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications Use Agency Code: Edg01
- Request an Inspection
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
Edgefield County Council will have a public hearing at the meeting scheduled for Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 6:00PM in the County Council Chambers located at 225 Jeter Street, Edgefield. Ordinance Number 19-20-765 To view the ordinances, visit our County Ordinances...
Purpose of the Land Management Ordinance Why is Edgefield County updating the Land Management Ordinance? Edgefield County Council determined that there is a need to update the current ordinances of the County regarding development, to provide better management of the...
Voter Registration has a new voting system . There is a demo available to the public for for anyone that would like to test it out. They are located at 210 Penn Street, Edgefield. The demo will be available to the public through the middle of January...
Edgefield County Planning Commission 11/14/19 Meeting Public Hearings The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is notifying the public that there will be a public hearing regarding a proposed land development of a pest control service. The proposed...
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020. An appraiser will come out to your...