Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications and Citizen engagement.
- Printable Applications
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
The Edgefield County Planning Commission has turned over recommendations for potential changes to the land development regulation to County Council. Council will now review the potential changes, listed below you will find the materials being looked at. If you have...
There will be a Public Meeting on November 18, 2021 at 6 pm at W.E. Parker Elementary School which is located at 41 Crest Rd. Edgefield, SC 29824 . This meeting is to receive comments from the public concerning changes to the zoning regulations in chapters 8, 24, 30...
The joint County Council/Planning Commission meeting will be held Tuesday November 9, 2021 at 6 pm in the Council Chambers to discuss changes to the zoning regulations and zoning maps recommended by the Planning...
The November meeting of the Edgefield County Planning Commission will be held on November 4th, 2021, due to the regularly scheduled meeting date being on a holiday. The meeting will be held at the Edgefield County Council Chambers at 225 Jeter St., Edgefield SC,...
Please see the audio recordings below for the September 7th, 2021 meeting of the Edgefield County Council. Executive session announcement 4:30 PM Regular Meeting 6:00...
BIRMINGHAM, AL (August 25, 2021) – Edgefield County, South Carolina, is partnering with Retail Strategies to develop and execute a retail economic development strategy to draw attention to the County’s Special Incentive Zones.By hiring a firm with business-savvy...