Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications Use Agency Code: Edg01
- Request an Inspection
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING PRIOR TO FINAL ACTION BY THE COUNTY COUNCIL OF EDGEFIELD COUNTY TO ENTER INTO ORDINANCES. Pursuant to South Carolina Code Section 4-9-140, notice is hereby given by the County Council of Edgefield County (the “County Council”) that a public...
Edgefield County needs citizens, property owners, business owners, organizations, and other stakeholders with an interest in the growth and development of Edgefield County and the Land Management Ordinance (LMO) update process to provide input on the current LMO draft...
Free COVID Testing will be coming to the following locations: (Click the Location for more information) Trenton at Bettis Academy Park Johnston at the Former Satcher Ford Dealership Edgefield at the Piedmont Technical College, Edgefield County Campus North Augusta at...
Edgefield County Zoning Board of Appeals 8/14/2020 Meeting Public Hearing The following public hearing will take place at The Edgefield County Zoning Board of Appeals meeting on August 14th, 2020 at 6pm, located at the Edgefield County Council Chambers, 225 Jeter...
Edgefield County Planning Commission 8/13/2020 Meeting Public Hearing The following public hearings will take place at The Edgefield County Planning Commission meeting on August 13th, 2020 at 6pm, located at the Edgefield County Council Chambers, 225 Jeter Street...
The engineering work has been completed for Mill Creek and Scenic Drive. The bid packages are being sent out today by the engineering firm to the possible contractors. They have until 5 PM on August 3rd, Monday, to return their proposal to the engineering...
Draft 2050 MTP Available for Public Review and...
Requirements to Challenge a BallotPoll managers, any voter, and any qualified watcher may challenge the vote of a person who may be known or suspected not to be a qualified voter. A challenge may also be made if you have good reason to believe the person has already...
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020. An appraiser will come out to your...