Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications Use Agency Code: Edg01
- Printable Applications
- Request an Inspection
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
The 3rd reading of the Proposed Changes of the Comprehensive Plan was read on June 1, 2021 at the regular scheduled meeting. County Council did not vote concerning this reading. The 3rd reading was tabled until our July 6, 2021 regular scheduled meeting, to give our...
As part of the LMO process Edgefield county is doing a series of small group meetings by County Council District. During these meetings questions and comments are being collected on a flip chart. Posted below are pictures of those flip charts so that other citizens...
The following links are to comments regarding the Draft LMO and Draft LMO Zoning map that were submitted to the Edgefield County Planner, Edgefield County Website, and the Interactive LMO map as of February 23, 2021. This is including comments that were submitted for...
The link below is to the presentation given by John Ford, the primary consultant on the Edgefield County LMO, at the Planning Commission meeting on February 11, 2021....
Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County For Immediate Release February 10, 2021 Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County Company’s investment will create 450 new jobs COLUMBIA, S.C. – Generac Power...
The following link is an FAQ regarding the Land Management Ordinance (LMO). If you have any questions regarding the LMO please contact the County Planner Kevin Singletary email@example.com LMO FAQ The LMO draft text and draft zoning map are available...
Edgefield County needs citizens, property owners, business owners, organizations, and other stakeholders with an interest in the growth and development of Edgefield County and the Land Management Ordinance (LMO) update process to provide input on the current LMO draft...