Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications Use Agency Code: Edg01
- Request an Inspection
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is notifying the public that there will be a public hearing regarding the proposed development of a subdivision. The proposed development is located off of Salty Dog Lane, Parcel ID: 081-00-00-053-000. The proposed...
The Voter Registration and Election Commission has found it necessary to relocate the Johnston 1 Polling Precinct to the American Legion Hut, 99 Edisto Street, Johnston, SC 29832. The voting precinct was moved to better accommodate voters. New voter registration...
We have 1 upcoming Public Hearing scheduled for the June 4, 2019 County Council Meeting. The meeting will start at 6PM and it will be held in the County Council Chambers located at 225 Jeter Street, Edgefield. Public Hearing of Ordinance Number 18-19-761, “An...
At the Planning Commission meeting held on March 14, 2019, the Planning Commission voted to recommend this version of the Comprehensive Plan to Council. Comprehensive Plan - Updated to include changed made at 05/07/19 Council...
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020. An appraiser will come out to your...