Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications Use Agency Code: Edg01
- Request an Inspection
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
Brunson Precinct Change The Voter Registration and Election Commission have found it necessary to relocate the Brunson Polling Precinct to the China Grove Baptist Church Fellowship Hall, 507 N Martintown Road, Edgefield, SC 29824. The voting precinct was moved to...
There are no public hearings scheduled at this time. To view the ordinances, visit our County Ordinances Page by Clicking...
Purpose of the Land Management Ordinance Why is Edgefield County updating the Land Management Ordinance? Edgefield County Council determined that there is a need to update the current ordinances of the County regarding development, to provide better management of the...
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020. An appraiser will come out to your...