Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications Use Agency Code: Edg01
- Request an Inspection
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
The Voter Registration and Elections Office is still open for candidate filing. They are not open to the General Public but can allow you inside if you need to file! If you have further questions please call them at...
ARTS 2050:The current public health environment has limited opportunities for face-to-face meetings promoting public input to the 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan update. They had scheduled several public engagement events during March 2020 which have now been...
Edgefield County is continuously monitoring the very fluid Covid-19 situation. As we move through this unprecedented National emergency please keep in mind that the County will stay open to the public. We are however restricting access to county buildings and...
Any candidate seeking a political party’s nomination for any office in the 2020 General Election must file with the appropriate county board of voter registration & elections or the South Carolina Election Commission during the upcoming filing period. Filing opens...
Click here to view the PowerPoint Presentation
The SC Election Commission is partnering with the SCDMV on their tour of the states! #NoExcusesSC. You will be able to Register to Vote and Demo the new paper-based voting...
There is one public hearing scheduled in conjunction with the regularly scheduled County Council Meeting to be held at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 in the County Council Chambers located at 225 Jeter Street, Edgefield. Ordinance Number 19-20-767 - An Ordinance to...
Purpose of the Land Management Ordinance Why is Edgefield County updating the Land Management Ordinance? Edgefield County Council determined that there is a need to update the current ordinances of the County regarding development, to provide better management of the...
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020. An appraiser will come out to your...