Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications and Citizen engagement.
- Printable Applications
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
Please see the audio recordings below for the September 7th, 2021 meeting of the Edgefield County Council. Executive session announcement 4:30 PM Regular Meeting 6:00...
BIRMINGHAM, AL (August 25, 2021) – Edgefield County, South Carolina, is partnering with Retail Strategies to develop and execute a retail economic development strategy to draw attention to the County’s Special Incentive Zones.By hiring a firm with business-savvy...
THE EDGEFIELD COUNTY VOTER REGISTRATION & ELECTIONS OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED SEPTEMBER 20-22, 2021 FOR STAFF TRAINING.
The office will open: Thursday, September 23, 2021 If you need assistance please contact...
The Edgefield County Planning Commission is in the process of drafting changes to the land development regulations to match our comprehensive plan better. The Planning Commission will be meeting on Tuesdays at 5:00 PM at the Edgefield County Council chambers to...
The 3rd reading of the Proposed Changes of the Comprehensive Plan was read on June 1, 2021 at the regular scheduled meeting. County Council did not vote concerning this reading. The 3rd reading was tabled until our July 6, 2021 regular scheduled meeting, to give our...
Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County For Immediate Release February 10, 2021 Generac Power Systems, Inc. establishing operations in Edgefield County Company’s investment will create 450 new jobs COLUMBIA, S.C. – Generac Power...