Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications and Citizen engagement.
- Printable Applications
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- South Carolina Building Codes
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
County Council will unveil the new Linda and Johnny Anderson Airfield at the Edgefield County Airport in Trenton, SC, at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 10, 2022. All those who would like to attend are invited.
Edgefield County honors Linda and Johnny Anderson for their dedication and commitment to the Edgefield County airport by passing a resolution renaming the airfield in their honor. With a unanimous vote, the County Council passed the resolution renaming the airfield...
HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION Please be advised that the sign up for Homestead Exemption is now open through December 31,2022. The exemption is granted to persons who are at least 65 years of age as of December 31, 2021, blind or 100 percent totally or permanently disabled as...
The Edgefield County Planning Commission has turned over recommendations for potential changes to the land development regulation to County Council. Council will now review the potential changes, listed below you will find the materials being looked at. If you have...