Building and Planning
The Edgefield County Building and Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of the adopted codes and ordinances regulating development. The Department conducts plan reviews, inspections, and monitoring of all construction and development activities. The services include permitting, plan review, building inspections, code enforcement, and planning services. The staff provides support to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Manufactured Home Appeals Committee as well as the County Transportation Committee. The Department is also responsible for issuing building permits and conducting inspections for the Towns of Edgefield, Johnston, and Trenton.
Forms, Applications and Permits:
- Building and Planning Fee Schedule
- Building Permit Applications Use Agency Code: Edg01
- Request an Inspection
- Site Approval Application
- Land Development Application
- Planned Development Application
- Zoning Application
- Zoning Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Mobile Home Appeals or Variance Request Form
- Property Compliant Petition (Unsafe Structure, RV, Nuisance, Nonconforming)
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Code of Ordinances
- qPublic (Assessor’s Office – Property Records and Map)
- International Building Code Series
- Edgefield County 2019 Comprehensive Plan
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority
- Aiken Electric Cooperative
- Dominion Energy South Carolina
- SC Board of Architectural Examiners
- SC Building Codes Council
- SC Contractor’s Licensing Board
- SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors
- SC Office of State Fire Marshall
- SC Department of Heath and Environmental Control
- SC Manufactured Housing Board
- SC Department of Natural Resources
- SC Residential Builders Commission
- SC Department of Transportation
Edgefield County In The News
Absentee Voting 210 Penn Street Suite 1 Edgefield, SC 29824 October 5, 2020- November 2, 2020 8:03 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:00 am- 1:00...
Q. What is a Capital Project Sales Tax? A. A Capital Project Sales Tax, also called a CPST, is an additional 1 percent sales that may be approved by a referendum vote to fund specific capital projects. The South Carolina statue that governs the CPST may be found at...
FINAL CHANCE! The 319 grant financial assistance for agricultural conservation practices in the Shaws Creek Watershed will be ending in November. The limited funds remaining are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Practices covered in this program...
Edgefield County needs citizens, property owners, business owners, organizations, and other stakeholders with an interest in the growth and development of Edgefield County and the Land Management Ordinance (LMO) update process to provide input on the current LMO draft...
Requirements to Challenge a BallotPoll managers, any voter, and any qualified watcher may challenge the vote of a person who may be known or suspected not to be a qualified voter. A challenge may also be made if you have good reason to believe the person has already...
Edgefield County is in the process of our Countywide Reassessment Program which all counties are required under South Carolina law to implement every five years. We expect to complete the current reassessment by December 31, 2020. An appraiser will come out to your...